Japan’s Sony to reorganize key businesses
TOKYO (AP) — Sony says it will reorganize its core businesses into two main divisions and promote a key executive.
The Tokyo-based company said Thursday it will combine its all of its consumer electronics businesses into a single group.
Rising executive Kazuo Hirai will be promoted to run the new entity, the “Consumer Products & Services Group.”
Another business group will be formed from combining Sony’s component and business-oriented units.
The changes will be implemented from April, the start of the company’s fiscal year.
- Apple’s market share peaked in China — with 1 in every 4 devices sold being iPhone
- 5G to become the leading technology in Southeast Asia by 2028
- Weavr sets up in Singapore as it aims to simplify embedded finance
- Asia United Bank partners Alipay+ for e-wallet cross-border payments
- Intelligent video will fast-track smart cities of the future, but comes with great responsibility