Japan’s Sony to reorganize key businesses
TOKYO (AP) — Sony says it will reorganize its core businesses into two main divisions and promote a key executive.
The Tokyo-based company said Thursday it will combine its all of its consumer electronics businesses into a single group.
Rising executive Kazuo Hirai will be promoted to run the new entity, the “Consumer Products & Services Group.”
Another business group will be formed from combining Sony’s component and business-oriented units.
The changes will be implemented from April, the start of the company’s fiscal year.
Headlines from the Associated Press
- Clever Ways To Talk About A Layoff In A Job Interview
- Reduced tech spending sees Accenture lay off 19,000 staff globally
- Intel puts security at the center of its latest 13th Gen Core vPro Platform
- Cisco: Most organizations in Malaysia are not ready to defend against cyber threats
- From cloud to car: The game-changing contributions to the automotive world from NVIDIA