Japan’s Sony to reorganize key businesses
TOKYO (AP) — Sony says it will reorganize its core businesses into two main divisions and promote a key executive.
The Tokyo-based company said Thursday it will combine its all of its consumer electronics businesses into a single group.
Rising executive Kazuo Hirai will be promoted to run the new entity, the “Consumer Products & Services Group.”
Another business group will be formed from combining Sony’s component and business-oriented units.
The changes will be implemented from April, the start of the company’s fiscal year.
- The end of TikTok Shop and other social commerce in Indonesia
- Lost in translation: Can AI tools improve?
- Is ChatGPT enabling collaborative decision-making or merely Hobson’s choice?
- NVIDIA and NTT DOCOMO revolutionize telecom services with world’s first GPU-accelerated 5G network
- Sony battles new hack: ‘Is my account safe?’ Echoes among concerned customers