Japan’s Sony to reorganize key businesses
TOKYO (AP) — Sony says it will reorganize its core businesses into two main divisions and promote a key executive.
The Tokyo-based company said Thursday it will combine its all of its consumer electronics businesses into a single group.
Rising executive Kazuo Hirai will be promoted to run the new entity, the “Consumer Products & Services Group.”
Another business group will be formed from combining Sony’s component and business-oriented units.
The changes will be implemented from April, the start of the company’s fiscal year.
- Is the global chip shortage causing more semiconductor frauds, counterfeits?
- Taiwan’s GlobalWafers is giving US its first silicon wafer facility in over two decades
- Moving towards a proactive cybersecurity approach in Malaysia
- Time Dotcom’s sale of AIMS data center finally has suitors?
- Paperweight: Wealth management is still among the least tech-literate sectors of the financial services industry