SKorea’s LG touts Optimus 3D smartphone for gaming
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — LG Electronics is touting 3D smartphones as an alternative to dedicated handheld game devices.
The company launched its LG Optimus 3D phone Thursday in South Korea after beginning a global release last month covering more than 60 markets including Spain and Britain.
Park Jong-seok, CEO of LG’s mobile communications business, said that 3D smartphones such as the Optimus can hold their own with dedicated handheld gaming platforms.
LG Electronics Co. unveiled the device, its first 3D smartphone, earlier this year at the Mobile World Congress trade show in Spain and began rolling it out in global markets last month.
LG said the phone comes pre-installed with three full versions of games from Gameloft including “Asphalt 6: Adrenaline.”
- HP and Google will start producing ‘Made in India’ Chromebook laptops
- Digital banks: What’s driving success in Southeast Asia?
- 800 Gbps milestone: NEC’s leap in optical submarine cable technology
- Can Google keep its ‘best search engine’ title as Apple evolves?
- No, overheating iPhones will not explode!