Chinese dissident establishes web school
TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) – A prominent Chinese dissident has established a school on the Internet to educate young Chinese about democracy.
At an opening ceremony in Taipei on Saturday, Wang Dan said the “New School for Democracy” is to engage in “preparatory work for China’s democracy.”
Wang said the school will reach out to the tens of thousands of Chinese studying abroad although Chinese authorities are expected to block access to it on the mainland.
Wang was among a number of student leaders behind the 1989 democracy movement in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square. After the movement was crushed, he went into exile and has since been banned from returning to China.
- Barricading the modern business against rising ransomware
- Securing and managing multi-tenant Microsoft 365 environments
- Friction builds up between India and China as Vivo offices raided
- Semiconductor industry faces another snag with rising raw material prices
- Measuring sustainability with a carbon management solution