‘Overeager’ employee photoshops Filipino officials… badly
MANILA, Philippines (AP) – The Philippine government has suspended an employee who posted a fake image on Facebook of three senior officials inspecting the typhoon-ravaged Manila Bay.
The photoshopped image was discovered last week by a blogger and has become a sensation. Other bloggers mocked the Department of Public Works and Highways by making more fake images of the three officials standing in the “Last Supper” and some other iconic paintings and movie posters.
Department Secretary Rogelio Singson apologized. He says the officials did in fact inspect the damage in Manila Bay and had no knowledge of the image on the department’s Facebook page.
Presidential spokesman Ricky Carandang said Monday the “overeager employee” who took it upon himself to put it out was suspended.
- The end of TikTok Shop and other social commerce in Indonesia
- Lost in translation: Can AI tools improve?
- Is ChatGPT enabling collaborative decision-making or merely Hobson’s choice?
- NVIDIA and NTT DOCOMO revolutionize telecom services with world’s first GPU-accelerated 5G network
- Sony battles new hack: ‘Is my account safe?’ Echoes among concerned customers