‘Overeager’ employee photoshops Filipino officials… badly
MANILA, Philippines (AP) – The Philippine government has suspended an employee who posted a fake image on Facebook of three senior officials inspecting the typhoon-ravaged Manila Bay.
The photoshopped image was discovered last week by a blogger and has become a sensation. Other bloggers mocked the Department of Public Works and Highways by making more fake images of the three officials standing in the “Last Supper” and some other iconic paintings and movie posters.
Department Secretary Rogelio Singson apologized. He says the officials did in fact inspect the damage in Manila Bay and had no knowledge of the image on the department’s Facebook page.
Presidential spokesman Ricky Carandang said Monday the “overeager employee” who took it upon himself to put it out was suspended.
- New Zealand to echo Australia on law for news content by tech giants?
- Will economic uncertainties affect tech spending in 2023?
- Heading to the new year with a robust setup for resiliency
- Found in 150 countries, ransomware to cost victims US$265 billion by 2031
- Cloud computing in 2023: Data grows greener, faster and more local