‘Overeager’ employee photoshops Filipino officials… badly
MANILA, Philippines (AP) – The Philippine government has suspended an employee who posted a fake image on Facebook of three senior officials inspecting the typhoon-ravaged Manila Bay.
The photoshopped image was discovered last week by a blogger and has become a sensation. Other bloggers mocked the Department of Public Works and Highways by making more fake images of the three officials standing in the “Last Supper” and some other iconic paintings and movie posters.
Department Secretary Rogelio Singson apologized. He says the officials did in fact inspect the damage in Manila Bay and had no knowledge of the image on the department’s Facebook page.
Presidential spokesman Ricky Carandang said Monday the “overeager employee” who took it upon himself to put it out was suspended.
- Barricading the modern business against rising ransomware
- Securing and managing multi-tenant Microsoft 365 environments
- Friction builds up between India and China as Vivo offices raided
- Semiconductor industry faces another snag with rising raw material prices
- Measuring sustainability with a carbon management solution