Experts, Enthusiasts Meet for Social Media Week
With numerous social media and social network sites catering to an overwhelming slew of interests, meeting with accomplished owners, executives and aficionados will certainly boost one’s proficiency in the social media game. That’s why social media proponents will converge at the Putra World Trade Centre in Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia this 13th to 17th February for the Malaysia Social Media Week (MSMW). The event aims to assemble top executives, content experts, enthusiasts, journalists, social strategists (and other social media specialists) in a five-day festival of activities.
Organizer My Events International promises fun and learning experiences at the MSMW.
(Participants will be) connecting and communicating ideas and experiences to advance our understanding of social media’s role in society. Social Media Week brings hundreds of thousands of people together through learning experiences that aim to advance our understanding of social media’s role in society.
Some of the interesting activites slated for the event include the Socia-Poly game — a derivation of Hasbro’s Monopoloy, tailored for the MSMW celebration. Social media gadgets and workshops constitute the educational side of the program, while the artistic aspect features a music concert, photo and graffiti art contest. For kids (or adults who are kids-at-heart), there’s the ubiquitous treasure hunt game called the Amazing Social Media Hunt — with an online and offline twist.
Five interesting days do seem to be on the horizon in KL, and the social media sphere will be enriched by this event’s meeting of minds. We will be running interviews with speakers, participants and organizers, so watch this space.
- Applied Materials manages supply chain and semiconductor research
- The evolution of business hubs in an age of decentralization and rising challenges
- Analog Devices reaffirms its position in Singapore’s semiconductor market with a new facility
- The US is preparing an executive order to restrict investments in China, but Elon Musk isn’t worried about it
- SEMI: The five Ws and one H to a supply chain initiative for the semiconductor industry.