Lenovo Says 3Q Profit up by Half on Strong Sales
HONG KONG (AP) — Computer maker Lenovo Group Ltd. says quarterly profit grew by more than half on strong sales across its all its main markets.
The company said Thursday that net income rose to $153 million, or $1.46 per share, in the October-December period, up 54 percent from the same period the year before.
Sales jumped 44 percent to a record $8.4 billion as its share of the global personal computer market hit a high of 14 percent.
Lenovo posted strong sales growth in China and emerging markets. But it said strongest sales growth came in mature markets, helped partly by new joint ventures with NEC in Japan and Medion in Germany that were completed in July.
- Tesla hack signals the importance of smart car cybersecurity
- Taiwan chip titan TSMC to invest US$44b this year for manufacturing expansion
- Will it be a bumpy road ahead for femtech in Southeast Asia?
- Magnachip improves power distribution and functionality with new semiconductors
- Shopee to empower brands with new digital retail initiatives