GSMA Mobile Expo Asia Set for Shanghai, China This June
Mobile telecommunication technologies have vastly changed the ways we communicate, interact, learn and entertain. With the aim of addressing the rapidly growing and globally important Asian mobile market, the GSMA is launching this year’s GSMA Mobile Asia Expo with focus on “The New Mobile Era.”
The event, to be held in at Shanghai June 20 to 22, 2012, expects to bring together 20,000 participants and representatives from mobile carriers, industry professionals, executives, decision makers, business ownders, developers, buyers and consumers, in discussing the latest industry trends, innovations, devices, and technologies.
China Mobile, China Unicom, MasterCard, NEC, Visa, Yahoo!, Nokia, NTT DoCoMo, Smart and ZTE are among the companies that will be participating at the expo at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. Game Insight, Huawei, Mozilla, PayPal, SanDisk and Tencent have likewise confirmed their attendance. This expo is the next big thing from GSMA after their mobile industry leading event Mobile World Congress.
Last year’s event was hosted in Hong Kong and comprised several sessions, and the same can be expected this year.
- The main Expo showcases avant-garde mobile tech, products, devices, and apps;
- The executive conference presents insightful keynotes from various speakers, panel discussions and networking;
- App Planet conference lets developers learn and broaden their knowledge on mobile app marketplaces and communities. Telco operators, providers and device manufacturers are also encouraged to attend;
- A platform called “Deal Hub” acts as a middleman connecting buyers, consumers and providers;
- There is also a session named mPowered Brands for marketers and advertising agencies gain more knowledge of the rising mobile marketing.
The expo will also include breakout sessions, which will be about the following:
- Embedded Mobile
- Mobile Advertising
- Mobile Broadband
- Mobile Money
- Mobile Operator Strategies
- Near Field Communication
- Retail in Mobile
- Social Media
Since this is an international event hosted in a predominantly Mandarin-speaking country, the organizers say that all sessions will be delivered in various languages with interpretation services provided. GSMA Mobile Expo Asia announcements will be communicated in both English and Mandarin.
For Press, media, exhibitors, sponsors and partners that would like to participate might want to register here. Additionally, while on-site registrations will be accommodated, online registration is recommended to avoid time-consuming queues.