Samsung Unveils Smaller, Cheaper Galaxy S III
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Samsung Electronics Co. has unveiled a smaller and cheaper version of the Galaxy S III smartphone with the same screen size as the iPhone 5.
Samsung says the Galaxy S III mini features a screen measuring 4 inches diagonally, smaller than the Galaxy S III’s 4.8 inch display but the same as Apple’s iPhone 5, which was Apple’s first upgrade of the iPhone screen size.
Samsung said the mini will be launched in Europe later this month but kept mum on schedules for other countries.
Samsung’s German mobile shop lists the mini’s price at 399 euros ($516) versus 550 euros ($711) for the cheapest S III.
The mini is powered by the latest version of Android software but does not support faster fourth-generation wireless networks.
- Weavr sets up in Singapore as it aims to simplify embedded finance
- Asia United Bank partners Alipay+ for e-wallet cross-border payments
- Intelligent video will fast-track smart cities of the future, but comes with great responsibility
- 3 Great Tech Companies Currently Hiring
- Pos Malaysia goes all-in on AWS to drive business transformation