LG Display unveils 18-inch flexible display
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — LG Display Co. has shown an 18-inch flexible display that can be rolled into the shape of a thin cylinder.
The South Korean display panel maker said Friday the display has a resolution of 1200 pixels by 810 pixels and maintains its function when it is rolled up.
While that resolution would fall within the range of high-definition, images on the display would not look as sharp as the latest flat displays that boast ultra-high definition.
LG touted its technology as a significant advance, saying the cylinder’s diameter would be just 6 centimeters (2.4 inches). It means LG Display could produce TVs that are larger than 50 inches diagonally and can be rolled up.
LG said the technology would make large-size TVs portable.
- Analog Devices reaffirms its position in Singapore’s semiconductor market with a new facility
- The US is preparing an executive order to restrict investments in China, but Elon Musk isn’t worried about it
- SEMI: The five Ws and one H to a supply chain initiative for the semiconductor industry.
- Dark Pink: The cyber tune you never wanted to hear
- Untie Nots set to transform loyalty for Singapore’s largest supermarket chain