Facebook, Instagram outages affect users worldwide
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Facebook suffered a widespread outage lasting roughly 40 minutes on Tuesday affecting users in the United States, Asia, the U.K. and Australia.
The social media giant’s Instagram service was also briefly inaccessible.
Instagram said on its Twitter account that it was aware of an outage and was working on a fix. There was no immediate statement from Facebook.
Facebook has about 1.25 billion users and Instagram has some 300 million.
News of the Facebook outage set rival social network Twitter alight.
As access to Facebook returned in Asia, some users reported that the site was loading or responding slowly.
- Cisco to provide private 5G network to enterprises in Malaysia with TM
- Here are the cities leading the data center growth in Asia Pacific
- For SMBs in Singapore, 5G is not as complicated as it seems
- The Great Layoff has not dampened the demand for tech talent
- Empowering security for mission-critical applications