Facebook, Instagram outages affect users worldwide
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Facebook suffered a widespread outage lasting roughly 40 minutes on Tuesday affecting users in the United States, Asia, the U.K. and Australia.
The social media giant’s Instagram service was also briefly inaccessible.
Instagram said on its Twitter account that it was aware of an outage and was working on a fix. There was no immediate statement from Facebook.
Facebook has about 1.25 billion users and Instagram has some 300 million.
News of the Facebook outage set rival social network Twitter alight.
As access to Facebook returned in Asia, some users reported that the site was loading or responding slowly.
- Apple’s market share peaked in China — with 1 in every 4 devices sold being iPhone
- 5G to become the leading technology in Southeast Asia by 2028
- Weavr sets up in Singapore as it aims to simplify embedded finance
- Asia United Bank partners Alipay+ for e-wallet cross-border payments
- Intelligent video will fast-track smart cities of the future, but comes with great responsibility