Transforming cybersecurity with a new data security SaaS offering
- DataHawk combines Cyber Vaulting, Threat Intelligence and Scanning, and ML-Powered Data Classification for powerful protection against cyberattacks.
- Cohesity announces new Data Security Alliance with major security and services providers.
Cohesity is consistently innovating data management. Businesses are looking for skilled service providers to aid their efforts to expedite digital transformation, increase competitive advantage, and minimize IT costs. However, one of the most crucial aspects of managing data, aside from reducing complexity and IT expenses, is security.
Data is a priceless resource that is generated, acquired, saved, and exchanged. A corporation can avoid financial loss, reputational damage, a decline in consumer trust, and brand erosion by protecting it from internal and external corruption, and unauthorized access.
In the APAC region, although they aren’t new to the digital initiative journey, they are less mature than the western part of the world. Cybercriminals are using this as a weapon to cause disruption and launch multiple attacks.
Between May 2020 and May 2021, it was revealed that cyberattacks increased by an astounding 168% in APAC alone.
Cohesity’s new security offering
As a result, Cohesity unveiled Cohesity DataHawk, a data security software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution designed to help customers defend against, detect, and recover from ransomware and other cyberattacks.
In one SaaS solution, DataHawk combines three essential security capabilities: threat protection through malware and attack indicator scans; ML-based data classification that offers high accuracy in identifying and detecting sensitive or critical data; and award-winning cyber vaulting through Cohesity FortKnox.
DataHawk allows businesses to protect against, quickly identify, and recover from ransomware or other intrusions because of its data-centric strategy. The following are some of DataHawk’s main capabilities:
- Threat intelligence: DataHawk has a ransomware detection engine based on deep learning. In addition to intelligent threat defense, it offers speedy screening for anomalies, potential threats, and other signs of a ransomware attack.
- Data classification: when under attack, companies want to ascertain any potential effects on their important data as quickly as possible. DataHawk is utilizing BigID’s superior classification technology to precisely locate and classify massive data sets at scale to reduce risk, strengthen security, and comprehend the effects of an attack.
- Cyber vaulting that offers data recovery and resilience: as part of a 3-2-1 plan to increase cyber resilience, organizations should always keep separate copies of their critical apps and data. Customers can secure an offsite copy of data in a contemporary cloud-based cyber vaulting service with Cohesity FortKnox, a feature of DataHawk, where data is protected from malicious actors via a virtual air gap.
According to Cohesity’s founder and chief technology and product officer, Mohit Aron, overworked IT and security teams have to manage a sea of infrastructure while working round-the-clock to fend off bad actors.
“The key to keeping businesses running is minimizing the impact of a potential breach, bringing data security directly into the operational workflow, securing data at the source, and restoring critical workloads rapidly — while enabling IT and security teams to spend time on other business-critical tasks. This is what DataHawk is all about,” explained Aron.
New data security alliance
DataHawk is built to integrate with top SIEM providers, such as those joining Cohesity in the Data Security Alliance, using the flexible API-first platform from Cohesity. The Data Security Alliance combines top-tier cybersecurity and services from prominent businesses with Cohesity’s superior data security and management skills. The following companies are included in the ecosystem as partners: BigID, Cisco, CrowdStrike, CyberArk, Okta, Palo Alto Networks, Securonix, Splunk, Tenable, and a new security advisory partnership with Mandiant.
To give customers a complete plan that incorporates data protection and resilience in an end-to-end security strategy, their new Data Security Alliance brings together the boldest solutions and the sharpest minds in security. This strategy begins with prevention, moves on to early detection and protection, and incorporates rapid recovery, which is essential in the event of a cyberattack.