Improving APAC customer experience with augmented AI
The customer experience industry is now the most important industry for organizations around the world. From e-Commerce to healthcare to telco services, a poor experience can lead to severe repercussions for an organization.
While more organizations are relying on modern technology tools like AI-based virtual chatbots to improve the customer experience, the reality is, without proper planning, these innovations could actually do more damage to the company than improve its services. For example, comments on social media show unhappy customers voicing out dissatisfaction with dealing with automated AI bots and such.
In fact, many companies often claim to have AI-based chatbots to improve their customer experience. But a deeper dive into the organization would often show just bots that have been programmed to give repeatable responses to a basic set of queries. Not only does it disrupt the customer experience, but it also creates a bad image for the particular company.
Interestingly though, companies are beginning to realize the importance of improving the customer experience. The customer experience management market was valued at USD 10.23 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 27.13 billion by 2026. As such, more businesses are now investing in modern AI chatbots that not only respond to basic queries but can transform the whole customer service experience.
One of the leaders in AI for customer experience is Uniphore. Known for its conversational automation, Uniphore has now entered into a strategic partnership with VIS Global, enterprise communication and customer experience management solutions provider, to provide Asia Pacific organizations with a comprehensive communication and customer experience management portfolio.
This includes end-to-end, customizable solutions complete with Uniphore’s Conversations Automation offerings across seven countries including Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, and India. Both companies are hoping to potentially tap into an existing network of over 50,000 voice interactions per minute, 10,000+ outbound seats, 6000+ Interactive Voice Response (IVR) ports, and 500,000 call recordings per day.
For Arijit Sen, Director at VIS Global, the partnership with Uniphore would help them leverage the market-leading conversational AI platform and open up exciting possibilities to deliver business outcomes for our clients.
“The world of customer experience is rapidly evolving and the demand for AI, automation, and other emerging technologies is growing exponentially. Technology that can introduce improved efficiencies to a US$500 billion customer service market will find huge adoption as seen since the onset of COVID-19,” commented Gokul Gopalakrishnan, Business Head, Asia at Uniphore.
This multi-country strategic partnership will have benefits that will not only impact how enterprises do business in the current global situation but also the long term. Among the benefits of an augmented AI, customer experience platform includes:
- Use of AI to drive measurable, cost-effective, and sustainable improvements in customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Automation of activities for customers including bill payments, account balance, loan details, service inquiries, upgrades, and others to deflect calls while improving customer experience
- Automation of after-call work for agents such as inputting of call summaries, call categorization, actions to be taken or scheduled, and other steps to ensure the customer’s history is accurately documented for future interactions. This ensures shorter customer call wait times and reduced average handle time
- Integration of low-code / no-code technology to ensure faster response times to situational demands. The technology allows non-technical users to achieve what was previously only possible with coding knowledge. It cuts lengthy processes of business leaders translating their needs through layers of an organization. The software fully automates the technical back-end processes making it easier for people across various departments to deliver enhanced customer experience.
Uniphore launched its Unite partner program in late 2021 and VIS Global is a premium integrator to become a member. The program includes essential resources to support the partner lifecycle end–to–end and enables them to leverage Uniphore’s best-of-breed technology to expand their portfolio and profitability.
- It’s Bing time as Microsoft reinvents the search engine
- SecurityGen expands reach in Southeast Asia with 5G network security focus
- 5G to account for 80% of operator revenue by 2027
- Battle of the bots: Google’s Bard to take on ChatGPT
- Singtel, GULF, and AIS lead new data center development in Thailand